On the occasion of its 25 edition, ADIBF will celebrate the late Sheikh Zayed as Cultural Personality of the Year – through talks, exhibitions and poetry readings.
Our Country Focus this year is Iceland – our public will have the opportunity to discover the rich literary scene of the most western of all European countries, thanks to a varied line-up of poets, novelists, illustrators and academics.
ADIBF 2015 is very proud to welcome, for the first time, the illustrious Egyptian novelist Sonallah Ibrahim, and the upcoming American writer Cynthia Bond. Two events not to miss!
The rest of the Cultural programme will offer a vast array of activities such as:
- poetry evenings in many languages (Spanish, Arabic, English, Icelandic)
- panels discussion on topics ranging from “Regional Identities in Literature” to “Japan and the Arabs”
- meetings of authors from Iraq and Morocco
- talks about Graffiti and about preserving popular cultures in the Arab world
- workshops of kufic calligraphy
- musical concerts with Moroccan Gnawa and traditional Egyptian musicians
ADIBF is also the place to discover the winner of the International Prize of Arabic Fiction, as well as the laureates of the Sheikh Zayed Book Awards.
The younger audience will not be forgotten, with many exciting opportunities to meet outstanding children’s book writers and illustrators!
Please refer to this page regularly for updates – and mark you calendars!!