Dear Visitors and Exhibitors,
What will you find at the Abu Dhabi International Book Fair 2014?
- 2014 is Sweden’s year! Over 20 guests will bring you a flavor of the vibrant Swedish cultural life – authors, poets, crime novelists, children’s book writer and illustrators, artists and chefs. Say “Hej!”, everyone.
- All lovers of Arab culture are in for a special treat: a special venue dedicated to Al Mutannabi, where renowned researchers will share their expertise on one of the greatest writers to hail from the Arab world.
- But the Cultural Programme has still more in store for you. Please refer to the schedule and list of speakers.
- As for children, let them experience the joy of reading through educative activities at the Creativity Corner.
- Of course, don’t forget to pass by our Show Kitchen, where famous chefs and amateur cooks from far and wide will entice you with culinary creations. Princess cake and Smörgasbord on the menu!
Two venues are open to both the general public and the professional visitor:
- The Illustrators’ Corner, where artists showcase their work, share their skills and seek advice from industry experts; and the eZone, the place to go for the technology enthusiasts and anyone seeking information on digital publishing.
- The Professional Programme offers exhibitors a place to make contacts in the MENA region and beyond. It provides insights on new industry trends, with seminars on marketing, digital publishing, distribution and much more. ADIBF will continue its commitment and offer of subsidising translation deals that happen at the fair under Spotlight on Rights!
- Last but not least, The Education Chapter 6 will offer insights on new educational tools and best practices; it remains a networking opportunity for teachers, institutional buyers, decision makers in schools, publishers and distributors.
To become involved and to be a part of the 2014 programme – please email us on